I have been at Oregon State University since 2008, when I was initially hired at the Radiation Center to be a Nuclear Reactor Operator. I am now a Reactor Engineer (and NRC-licensed Senior Reactor Operator); my main duties involve performing various analyses on our 1 MW TRIGA research reactor. I obtained my master’s degree in Nuclear Engineering in the fall of 2012 and am currently in my 2nd year as a Nuclear Engineering PhD student. My advisor is Dr. Todd Palmer.
- Performing literature review during summer 2017 in anticipation of completing the preliminary examination in fall 2017
- Analyzing the feasibility of inserting a second cadmium-lined in-core irradiation facility (CLICIT) into the TRIGA core to increase operating efficiency
- Burnup calculations to track fuel depletion and plutonium production in TRIGA fuel
- Molybdenum production research
- Training, Research and Test Reactor (TRTR) Conference, San Diego, CA, August 2017
“Installation of a Second CLICIT Facility at the Oregon State TRIGA Reactor”
I am a huge fan of pop culture and would be a valuable asset to any trivia team. I love TV/film/music and partake when time permits.
Click here for CV